The instant messenger provides and effective and secure way for employees (in Intranet) and social network users (in Site Manager) to communicate. The improved system allows users to replace the use of the XMPP server and separate Jabber clients, using only the regular browser, if desired. All messages are saved in an easily-access archive with built-in search.
- exchanging messages is performed through a regular browser without the need for additional software
- the messenger is available in a movable mini-panel (lower right corner in above image) from any page of the intranet or website
- there are three types of messages: personal messages, system messages, and system messages requiring confirmation
- automatic formulation of contact lists; in Bitrix Intranet, the list is constructed by company structure (by workgroups in the Extranet), and by friends in BSM
- online indicator
- contact search
- searchable log of messages with each other user with option to delete
- system message archive
- show/hide option for offline contacts and user groups
- sound off/on
- online and donít disturb statuses for users. †Donít disturb turns off audio notifications and the blinking indicator in the browser window and in the mini-panel
- messages from users are grouped by tab in a single dialog window
- utilization of HTML5 and local storage technologies, among others.
You can turn the feature on and off in the Configuration wizard.
There are no additional settings or parameters for the module.
The Instant Messenger exchanges messages through a browser window.† The option to exchange messages through a Jabber client using the productís XMPP server remains available, allowing messaging without opening a browser window. The message archive is still kept and accessible through the mini-panel in this case.
The messenger can be integrated with modules developed by you, using the API. For details, enter a support ticket in the Helpdesk.