To add a new banner to the site, do the following.
- Open the banner management form (Services -> Advertising -> Banners).
- Click Add banner.
- Choose the required contract to which a banner is to be added.
- Check the Active box so as to enable banner in the public section.
- Specify the show period for the banner. Click the button to open the calendar.
- Type the banner name (this text is displayed and meaningful in the administration section only);
- Specify a group to which the banner relates. You can type the name of a new group, or select an existing group
in the list.
- Select the disposition of the new banner on a page (type).
- Upload the banner image.
- Enter the banner tooltip text. This text will appear when a visitor hovers the mouse over the banner.
- Enter the link to redirect a visitor upon click. You can use the referer1 and referer2 parameters in the link.
- Provide the banner HTML code if necessary. It is generally used in banner exchange.
If you are a
member of a banner exchange system, and want to place a custom banner or
banner of some other site that uses HTML code, you have to enter this code here. The HTML code may contain up to 5 random number macros
which can be used to prevent displaying the same banners on a page simultaneously.
- Set the banner status:
- approved – the banner can be displayed on the site;
- on approval – banners in this state be displayed. This state indicates that a
user taking over the advertising module should move the banner to either the approved or rejected
- rejected – when in this state, the banner cannot be displayed.
- Click the Restrictions tab to set the banner impression conditions.
- Specify banner weight (priority of displaying this banner over other banners; the higher is the value, the higher is the priority).
- Specify the maximum number of visitors to whom the banner will be displayed.
- Specify the maximum number of the banner impressions to the same visitor.
- Specify the maximum number of the banner impressions.
- Enable the Register clicks on this banner option if you want to register banner clicks in the Statistics
- Specify the maximum number of banner clicks which, when reached, deactivates the banner.
- Select one or more sites to show the banner.
- If required, specify the time and days of week when the banner is to be displayed.
- Click the Targeting tab.
- Choose sites on which the banner is to be displayed.
- If necessary, enter the pathnames of pages on which the banner must be only displayed.
- If necessary, enter the pathnames of pages on which the banner must not be displayed.
- If required, set the impression restrictions in respect of user groups.
- If you want to show the banner only on pages containing the required keywords, specify them.
- Specify the geographical targeting. To do so, select countries.
- If required, specify the advertising campaign targeting. The banner will be shown to visitors of the specified advertising campaigns.
- Customize the visitor advertising targeting (new visitors, returned visitors, all visitors).
- Click the Statistics tab to set the banner event registration parameters.
- Provide the values: event1, event2, event3. These values define event type identifiers. You can get a detailed description of event types
- You may leave a comment if necessary.
- Click Apply to save changes and continue editing, or click Save to add the banner and go back to the list of banners.