Creating a new survey (aka poll) involves several stages.
Create a poll channel
- Open the Poll Channels form and click Create new.
A poll channel can have only one active poll (defined by the interval of
- Select the Active checkbox and define the sorting order.
- Select the interface language for the polls of the channel being created.
- The poll channel symbolic name must be specified.
- Set access rights for the poll channel being created.
- Click Save.
Create a poll
- In the Poll channels form, choose the row containing the just created poll channel, and click the plus sign + in the Polls column.
- The Active field is selected by default. If you do not want the
poll to be accessible right after its creation, deselect this checkbox.
- Select Notify by e-mail upon each vote if you want to be notified via the e-mail every time a vote occurs.
- Type the poll title (it will be visible in the public section of the site).
- Specify the start and end dates and the duration of the poll. The
start date is set automatically: its' the end date of the last poll + 1
second. The start date of the new poll should not overlap with the end
date of another poll in the same channel.
- Specify the poll identifiers. All responses will be recorded
as events in the statistics (event 1, 2, 3).
- On the Limits tab, specify how the unique visitors should be registered.
You can choose from:
If you have selected not to vote twice
in one session, or with one cookie, or with one IP, bear in mind that
users of the same organization using the same local area network usually
have only one external IP-address. In other words, if one user in this LAN
has already voted, no other user in this LAN will be able to respond to
this poll. That's why you should specify a range of dates within which the
vote module will not allow voting twice from the same IP address.
- no limitations - site visitors are not tracked; each visitor can vote as many times as they want;
- within one session - a user can vote only once in the current session, i.e. until a browser is re-started, or a session expires;
- within one session, or with one cookie – at the voting time, each visitor is given a unique number (just once) recorded in the visitor's cookie; this option doesn't allow the same user to vote twice in the same session, or with the same unique number in the cookie;
- within one session, or with one cookie, or with one IP address – this option doesn't allow for voting twice in the same session, or with the same unique number, or by using the same IP address (please, note that if the user is connected to the Internet via a modem (dial-up connection), he's most likely to be given a new IP address each time an Internet connection is established).
- Load an image to be published in the public section of the site in the
- Add a poll description. You can use an HTML-editor, add an HTML-code or
- Select the templates for the form and poll results. Use the Select
link to view a template for forming a poll.
- Click Add to save the newly created poll and go to the poll
channel. Use the Apply button to save the changes you've made to
continue editing a poll.
Set poll options
- In the Poll list form, choose the row containing the just created poll, and click the plus sign + in the Questions column.
- Specify whether the poll is active or not and define the order of
- Select Add to a results diagram to include responses to this
question to the poll results.
- Select the template for viewing poll results.
- You can load an image to be visible in the public section of the site next
to this question.
- Type your question and possible answers.
of fields (to select answers to the question):
you can select only one variant from the group of answers;
- checkbox –
you can select several variants;
- dropdown – a list from
which you can select only one variant; all the elements of this type
will be displayed as a dropdown list;
- multiselect – a
list from which you can select several variants; all the elements of
this type will be displayed as a dropdown list;
- text –
one-string field where you can type your answer;
- textarea –
multi-string field where you can type your answer.
- Click Add.
You can view data on the respondents' answers by clicking Results in
the poll channel.
The Visitors section contains information about all the respondents.
In Votes, you can view the results of voting of each respondent.