The Business Processes
module’s purpose is to automate the company’s business processes. The module manages all stages of business process execution; in fact, it acts as an engine, or execution environment, for your business processes. Furthermore, the module has a visual business process builder.
Linear business process
- creating simple, linear business processes: tasks are undertaken in order, one-by-one, from start to finish, until the process is completed.
- creating composite business processes: tasks have no definite starting or finishing points, even the data types can be modified (using statuses, diverse conditions, simultaneous editing, etc.).
- all actions in the Business Processes module are customizable;
- templates can be used for any field contained in a document that is subject to change in the course of the workflow
- the document (file) properties can be checked and approved before starting the workflow process (e.g. you can send an email or a private message within your social/corporate network).
Creating Business Processes
This module offers a wide and powerful range of tools to optimize your dataflow processing. You do not need to learn any programming languages to be able to assign the desired sequence to the business process, or to use graphical schemes and special blocks to represent the dataflow. Any person who has access to your website will be able to easily create or modify any dataflow schemes and use all the features of this new module.
Status driven business process
The company’s dataflow is regulated by a business process template that includes a number of actions to be completed. These actions can be virtually anything: creating a document, sending it to an email address, or updating the document database records, and much, much more!
Another important feature is that you can include special elements into any business process scheme that will help you control and monitor the whole workflow process. Also, you can initiate a collaborative task in a project, for example, by creating an approval form based on voting results. The main advantage of Business Processes module is that everyone involved either in the decision-making process or in creative and collaborative work, need not be present in a room, but can work on the project from different locations.
This module has an absolutely unique architecture and powerful functionality. The Business Processes module is included the Premium and Ultimate editions of Bitrix Site Manager, only.