The module can:
- maintain an unlimited number of currencies;
- set currency exchange rates;
- define the nominal price in the default currency;
- set the default exchange rate to be used for conversion;
- define the currency display format;
- automatically define currency for the interface language (each site has its own common pricing currency);
- use the latest possible rate to convert values (e.g. the system uses the today's rate for calculations if the available or the latest possible rate otherwise);
- set the separator symbol between integer and fractional parts of values for each currency;
- define the number of digits in the fractional part of each currency;
- maintain a list of exchange rates for all dates (the exchange rate journal can be used in the future to review orders for a given period of time).
The system uses specified transaction currency for each language. Regardless of the base currency that is used to specify prices of products, delivery, etc., the shopping cart and the ordering page will indicate prices in the currency that is defined for the given interface language.
For example, you can set USD as the US English language currency. This will cause all prices that are displayed in the US English language sites to be indicated in USD.