Database Errors (13)
PHP Errors (5)
Using Menu (4)
Make sure the following lines exist at the <head></head> block of your site template code:
If the product version is 7th or higher use the following line instead of the previous ones:
Add these lines if they do not exist.
|How to synchronize a server time with a DB server time?|
Sometimes it happens that the server time is different from the DB server time, or the time is an American (e.g. New York), but the London time need to be set.
To solve this task you should use the 'putenv' PHP function (http://ru.php.net/putenv) and execute a DB query (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/set-option.html).
The function 'putenv' does not work on Windows hosting.
Insert the following lines into the /bitrix/php_interface/after_connect.php file:
$DB->Query("SET LOCAL time_zone='+07:00'"); //changing of MySQL time
putenv("TZ=Europe/Warsaw"); //changing of PHP time
Visit the http://www.theprojects.org/dev/zone.txt page to find the time zone list.
|Email is not sent after completing Web Form on the site. Why?|
1. The product uses the standard PHP function for mailing: mail(). First of all, you need to check if the function works correctly: https://www.bitrixsoft.com/support/faq/5087/#63939.
Then yous should switch in the extended form edit mode: http://www.bitrixsoft.com/support/training/course/index.php?COURSE_ID=20&LESSON_ID=1149 and check:
2. If there are any message template attached to the web form: Desktop>Services>Web Forms>Manage Forms>Modify>Advanced tab>'E-mail template' parameter (the checkbox should be ticked);
3. That the 'To' parameter of the email template is correctly set;
4. If there is any form status and user group has permission on this status (http://www.bitrixsoft.com/support/training/course/index.php?COURSE_ID=20&LESSON_ID=1149).
|AJAX does not work in components|
The AJAX technology does not work in public components.
Add the following string:[CODE] $APPLICATION->ShowHeadScripts(); ?> [/CODE]
to theblock of the site template.
|Duplicate hits in statistics|
In fact, the information is displayed correctly: data is not duplicated, but the important notion to understand is the difference between a page and a section. A section is a folder, while a page is a file.
|E-mail messages cannot be sent from BSM. What should I do?|
The product uses the standard PHP function for mailing: mail(). First of all, you need to check if the function works alright.
Create and run the following file on your site:
Replace my@mail with your e-mail address. The script should show OK on the screen. If it does not, contact your hosting administrator.
If OK is displayed, but the message does not reach the mailbox, contact the mail server administrator. Probably, a test message and all messages from your site are marked as spam.
If the test has succeeded, contact the technical support and describe all your steps in detail. It will help our technical support specialists emulate your situation.
|Instead of the page content, I get the following messages: "500 Internal Server Error" or "502 Bad gateway"|
The server has encountered an error which stopped the PHP application. This is not a BSM error. It often occurs on a shared hosting because of limited system resources.
Each error has a specific reason:
All depends on the server configuration.
But note that the above mentioned settings are not configured in php.ini.
In normal conditions, this error and its reason is registered in the server logs. You should contact your hosting provider and ask them about the reason of this error and eliminate it (for example, increase the resources). If the hosting provider is unable to find the reason, contact the BSM support and describe how this error occurs in and what your provider says.Not knowing the reason of the error, we will not be able to help you.
|When opening the site, new irrelevant windows are opened.|
This error is often caused by incorrect specification of the domain in the site settings. Spreading cookies to incorrect domain names can cause this error.Make sure the settings of all sites contain the correct domain names.
|The visual editor does not function.|
The following reasons of this behavior are possible:
1. You use proxy server or firewall that do not allow Java scripts.
2. High security level in browser.
3. The Site Explorer module is not updated completely.
4. The browser has once downloaded a Java-script to the cache incorrectly and now uses the invalid cached copy.
1. Do not use proxy server and firewall or correct their settings.
2. Change the security level to "Medium" in the browser settings.
3. Reinstall the Site Explorer module.
4. Clear the browser cache and reload the page (Ctrl+F5).
|The installer says: "The session parameter storage folder is not specified".|
This is not a critical error. If your site does not lose authorization, you can ignore this parameter and message.You can specify this parameter (session.save_path) in the PHP setting file (php.ini).
|When loading an image, the following error is displayed: the file is not an image.|
This may happen when a localized version of Apache is installed which can potentially re-encode information from one charset to another. This is not an error; however, binary data must not change. To disable re-encoding of the binary data, add the following line to .htaccess in the folder where the data upload script is stored:
This directive prevents binary data in the multipart/form-data format from being re-encoded. Note that if a form that sends the data contains text fields, you will have re-encode their values manually.
|I use multisite system. When I add another site, the templates are not applied.|
The site selection mechanism may cause this problem. For example, if the name of the second site (test.site.org) contains the name of the first site (site.org), and sort order of the second site is higher, the template of the second site is applied to the first site.To solve this problem, make the sort order value of the second site less than that of the first site.
|When importing information form a csv file, the prices are not imported. All product item names are imported and saved correctly, but the prices are not attached.|
The CSV import schema requires that a price currency is specified in the file.
Select Currency in Available price fields in the Catalog module settings and specify another field for currency (GBP) in the import file.Use the commercial catalog import (e-Store > Commercial Catalog > Import).
There are different reasons for this problem.
1. Some line breaks or other symbols in the product configuration scripts. Make sure that dbconn.php, init.php and after_connect.php files from the bitrix/php_interface folder do not contain line breaks before "<?" and after "?>".
2. Session storage period. In other words, the user idle period times out and the session deletes.
You should increase the value Session lifetime(min.) in the Security tab of the user group settings.
The default value can be modified in the php settings: the session.gc_maxlifetime parameter.
3. The value of Session network mask. If the mask is, say, 255.255.255.255, it means that if the user IP is modified, authorization will be reset.
4. The value of the session.cookie_domain PHP parameter on the server. If it is specified, make sure it is the same as the site URL. If the value of session.cookie_domain is www.site.com, and you open site.com, the session is not preserved, so does not authorization.To resolve this problem, you should specify a correct value of session.cookie_domain in the PHP settings.
|The ordering form does not show the tax field|
I have added a new VAT, specified a 18% rate, marked as a tax for all locations; the tax is now added to the prices. But the ordering form does not show the tax field. Open e-Store > Settings > Order properties > Properties. For each payer type, specify "Use as tax location" in the LOCATION property.
|An error occurs when removing a site|
The following error occurs when removing a site: CIBlock::OnBeforeLangDelete (iblock). What should I do? Delete all information blocks and other objects that belong to this site before removing it. The existing objects will not be deleted automatically to prevent your information from irreversible destruction.
|Update error [ERROR_WRONG_CODE]|
The following update error occurs from time to time: [ERROR_WRONG_CODE] The site check is not passed. What's wrong? How does the update system function?
The update system is bound to the deployed installation and remembers the system state after a recurrent update. The error occurs if the current system state does not match the state after the last update. This mechanism is devoted to prevent updates of many different systems using the same license key.
According to the license agreement, one key allows only two installations of the system: a public installation and a local (developer) installation, the latter to be unavailable from the Internet. Taking this into account, the system is designed to save data of two installations. Both copies can be updated independently if not moving a copy from a local machine to a remote server or back. But if you need to move the product to the local machine, you should update only one of the copies: remote or local, which depends on your requirements.
When moving a site to a new hosting, copy the file structure and the database to a new server; never update BSM on an old server and remove the old installation right after refreshing the DNS.Follow these rules to avoid problems.
|The downloaded CHM documentation does not work. The right pane displays an error “Cannot display the page, check the settings”.|
Security policy has been changed in the Windows XP service pack. For example, downloaded files are supervised by the system which restricts access. To disable restrictions, open the file properties, the General tab showing the warning message. Click Unlock to remove file view restrictions.
|The authorization form pops up upon creating a new thread in the premoderated forum|
The authorization form is shown to a non-moderating user when creating a new thread. When a new thread is created in the standard component forum/forum_tmpl_1/new_topic.php, a request is directed to the thread page. Since the forum is premoderated, the page wants the authorization for the topic because it is not approved by the moderator yet.
To solve this problem, replace the following code in /forum/forum_tmpl_1/new_topic.php:
|I encounter errors with Flash files|
When a flash banner is loaded the following error message is displayed: "The file is not an image".
The use of compressed images can cause this error. PHP supports files in this format as of version 4.3.0 or higher.
Bitrix Site Manager uses standard PHP functions to handle images. However, the usage of GetImageSize shows certain errors with compressed Flash files (http://php.net/GetImageSize).
This will not work for swf files unless zlib is compiled statically (not as a shared module). Bug #29611
Check the PHP configuration. Compile the Zlib module statically.If you cannot change the PHP configuration, you can deactivate the Compressed movie option when saving flash banners.
|I see a white screen instead of the page content|
After I have made some modifications to a script, it fails to function properly, however the generated page contains no error messages. How do I solve this problem?
|Hits are not registered on IIS|
My site runs on IIS. Hits are not registered in the Statistics module. How do I solve this problem?
Unfortunately, the PHP environment variables in IIS do not always match the similar Apache environment variables. In this case, some variables must be initialised manually.
Add the following code to the /bitrix/php_interface/dbconn.php file:
To ensure the configuration is correct, create a new file /phpinfo.php with the following contents:
Then open it in your browser with any parameters, for example: http://[YOUR_SITE]/phpinfo.php?id=2
The PHP Variables section should contain the required variables with similar values.
If some variables are missing, initialize them as described above.
|Users who added the site to Favorites are not registered|
• First, make sure your web server is configured to handle .ico files as PHP pages. The installation package contains the /.htaccess file in the site root with the following string:
• If your server's configuration allows, this directive instructs the server to handle .ico files as PHP code.
• Having ensured that the .ico files are handled as PHP pages, check /favicon.ico in the site root. Its contents should be similar to the code of /bitrix/modules/statistic/install/public/favicon.ico.
Otherwise, copy the /bitrix/modules/statistic/install/public/favicon.ico file to the site root.
• When a site is added to Favourites, Internet Explorer attempts to request this file. This makes the server execute the PHP code in this file which registers the Favourites event in the Statistics module. Then, the server reads /images/favicon.ico and sends it to the browser.
Thus, the real icon of your site is to be stored in /images/favicon.ico.
|Authorization is required when clicking a banner|
Click on a banner opens the authorization page. The authorization is required even for the public pages with proper permissions. However, opening a link from the browser address bar works
You have to assign the Read permission to the Anonymous (Everyone) group for the /bitrix/ folder (i.e. the folder containing the click.php script used for redirecting when clicking the banner).
An access permission is assigned in the Site Explorer menu.
If the Site Explorer module is not installed, the required access permission can be assigned manually:
- open the /bitrix/.access.php file for editing, or create it in the corresponding directory;
- add the following code:
This code allows users of the ID=2 group to read the click.php file; all other groups' access is denied. If you want to permit a specific group to read the file, add the following line:
where ID is the group identifier.
You can configure the access to other files analogously. The site administrator can download all files by default, regardless of the assigned access permission.
|No last modification date in Google|
Google does not display the last modification date! How do I have my site pages report the date? This can be solved by adding the following line to /bitrix/php_interface/dbconn.php:
|The spell checker doesn’t work. What do I do?|
The following error occurs when starting the spell checker: "Cannot activate the Microsoft Office ActiveX" (see the screenshot).
The above message appears when the unsafe ("not marked as safe") ActiveX components are not allowed in browser.
The following actions are to be performed to allow this component:
1. Add the site to Trustedsites in the browser security settings. Uncheck the Requireserververification... flag.
2. Make sure the components ("Initizlize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe") that are not marked as safe are enabled and prompted in the CustomLevel settings.