The site transfer procedure can be performed using special scripts created by the Bitrix company, which simplifies and facilitates the process.
Perform the following actions to transfer your site to the remote server.
- Ensure the remote hosting service conforms the minimum system requirements;
- Ensure the system core is not encoded. If the kernel is encoded, the remote server must have Zend Optimizer version 2.6.x or higher installed and operational.
- Ensure that the user on which the Apache (PHP) runs is given a permission of 0777 (full access) to all files in the site root.
- Copy all scripts from the local machine to the remote server via the FTP.
You can boost this process by performing the following actions.
- The next step is to copy the database to the remote server.
- Create the database dump (copy in the form of SQL instructions). One of the ways to create a dump is running the standard MySQL tool:
mysqldump.exe --add-drop-table -p <local_database_name> > bitrix.dmp
You can obtain more information on the tool parameters by running
- After the file bitrix.dmp is created, open it for editing in any text editor. Delete the following line from the file:
This command is usually located at the beginning of the file. Copy the file to the remote server via the FTP.
- Next, establish a connection to the remote MySQL database. You can do this by using either the SSH (SSH2) protocol, or any other protocol allowed by your hosting service provider for remote access. You can also use the standard tool mysql.exe by simply running it on your local machine. You can take the advantage of using the mysql.exe tool if only the hosting provider allows it.
- After you have established connection to the database, you have to select the active database to which you will copy the dump. You can do this by issuing a command:
- The next command uploads the dump to the remote server:
- After you have successfully transferred the database and scripts to the remote server, you have to open the remote file /bitrix/php_inteface/dbconn.php in any text editor and change the connection parameters to the remote database.
- Delete or move the database dump remote file bitrix.dmp.
Creating and unpacking tar.gz archives
Creating an archive
tar -zvcf <dirname>.tar.gz <dirname>/
tar -c dirname|gzip -c - > dirname.tar.gz
Unpacking an archive
tar -zxvf file_name.tar.gz
tar xf file_name
Using the back-up and restoration built-in tools |
| Uninstalling Bitrix Site Manager