In the following example, we shall set up the Phones information block that we have created in the previous chapter to function as a commercial catalog.
To make the Books information block act as a commercial catalog, enable the option Is commercial catalog in the Commercial Catalog module settings (Settings -> System settings -> Module settings -> select Commercial Catalog in the drop-down list):
First, we have to define prices at which we are going to sell products (phones).
Now that we have created our price types, we can view them in the Price types form:
- Create the retail price type and make it available to all visitors of the site:
- Create the wholesale price type. Make this price type viewable by administrators and members of the Partners user group:
Mark-ups are used to calculate the final price by adding the predefined sum to the base price:
Price = Base price + Mark-up
However, an important thing to mention is that mark-ups here can be positive as well as negative
values. In the latter case, a mark-up acts as a discount.
Create the following mark-ups.
- Without discount. Give it a value of 0%:
- Dealer discount. Set the value to -18,5%:
The mark-ups created will be added to the Price adjustment report:
Discount can be applied to a single product as well as to all products of the catalog or a catalog section.
As an example, create a month discount of 10% for Children's books (Desktop -> e-Store -> Commercial catalog -> Discounts).
Open the Restrictions tab and define the section to which the discount can be applied:
Also create a 10% coupon for Fantasy books:
Click the Restrictions tab. Generate the coupon code, and define products to which the discount can be applied:
The new discounts will be added to the Discounts report:
Setting product properties
Now we have to configure parameters of products of the Books catalog (Content -> Bookstore -> Books -> Element).
For each element, set the following parameters (scroll to the Commercial catalog area).
Publishing the catalog
For publishing the catalog, we can use the composite component Catalog. This component enables the user to display products and prices in the special way in the public section using a wide variety of component's settings.
Add the Catalog component to the page:
In the Properties section you can set all the component's parameters:
- Information type and inf. block for publishing.
- List settings where you define number of elements per page, sorting parameters, etc.
- Top and detail view settings.
- A group of settings Prices include:
- Price type: you can choose which price type to publish (base, wholeprice, retail, etc.)
- Show quantity range prices: if this option checked all the set prices will be displayed in the public section
- Show price for quantity: you can define a quantity of products price for which will be displayed
- Other parameters: URLs templates, Page address management, Cache settings, etc.
: if a discount is set for a definite product it will be shown in the public section.
Save the page. Now you can view the catalog in the public section.
Principal features and traits |
| Selling content