In general, a site is an set of pages grouped in sections by subject. In the system context, sections are folders of the site structure. Sections can contain subsections, independent pages and files.
Names of sections are displayed in the navigation chain and the logical structure. You can create a new section from the site Control Panel, as well as directly from the site public section.
- To create a new section from the public section, click on the administration toolbar. By default, a new folder will be created in the site current section.
- To create a new section from the Control Panel, click on the Site Manager context bar. By default, the new folder will be created in the current folder.
A new folder (section) settings are specified in the new folder creation form:
Using this form you can:
- specify the name of a section to which this section refers. This name will be used as the navigation chain item to which the created section refers.
- add a link to the created section to the site menu;
- create the section index page.
The section index page is a file that is opened by default if no page is specified in the URL.
Site explorer |
| Creating a new page