The tab General shows the userís personal and corporate information:
The page is comprised of multiple sections showing:
- the recently added friends (requires the friends feature);
- the groups a user is a member of;
- calendar events and tasks;
- recent forum and blog posts;
- personal files.
This information may be shown or hidden depending on the social network parameters and the user preferences.
If a user is away or on the Board Of Honor, this page reflects such status by showing an appropriate message.
Use the following links to manage the personal information.
- Edit Profile is used to edit user information: contacts, personal and official information and authorization parameters.
- Edit Privacy Settings changes the permissions of other users to view your personal page, friends and groups; it also defines users allowed to invite you to groups and send personal messages to you.
- Edit Settings enables or disables the portal features (Forum, Photo Gallery etc.), and assigns permissions with respect to these services.
- Use the My Subscriptions link to subscribe to or unsubscribe from the group and/or user updates:
If a user is viewing the other userís profile page, the available links are:
- Send Messag - sends a private message (aka PM) to the user;
- Show Message Log - shows the messaging history;
- Add to Friends (or Unfriend) - adds the user as a friend (or removes a user from friends);
- Invite to Group - sends an invitation to the user;
- Subscription - manages subscription for the user updates.
Personal Page |