Note: a user can create groups and the button Create Group is available only if he or she has workgroup create permission.
To create a workgroup, follow the guidelines below:
- Click the button Create Group. You will find it at the pages My Groups and Find Groups, or at the user personal page, the tab Groups.
- In the group parameters form:
- type the group name and description;
- upload the group image (optional);
- select the group topic. If you cannot find an appropriate selection, refer to the portal administrator or other known person with sufficient permissions;
- set the group type (in Access And Visibility):
- Visible to All: unchecking this option makes the workgroup invisible to the portal users;
- Public Group, Anyone Can Join It: uncheck this option if you require membership pre-moderation;
- select the persons allowed to send membership invitations (Who Can Invite to Group);
- select the persons allowed to send arbitrary messages to the group members.
- Click Create Group.
The Workgroup Page |