To create a new task, click in the task list form. This will open the task edit form:
Fill in the form fields:
The Creator link allows you to change the task author which effectively creates the task on behalf of another person. For example, you can create a task for yourself on behalf of a user who cannot do it for some reason.
To assign the task to more than one employee, use the Participants link.
If required, change the task weight using the Priority toggle.
Use the Tags (add) link to add tags to your task.
- enter the task name. This field is required;
- in the Responsible Person field, select an employee who is going to fulfil the task:
- by picking an employee from the recently used names:
- by browsing the company structure:
- by live searching for a person by their name:
To change the responsible person, just select another one.
- To assign the task to more than one employee, check the box Duplicate the task and choose multiple responsible persons and click the Change Responsible Persons link to show the employee selector:
Select the desired responsible persons just by clicking their names. To remove a responsible person from the selection, click beside the person’s name:
Once you have selected the responsible persons, click .
Note that when using multiple participants, a copy of the task is created for each of them, each subtask being a child of the master task:
The icon denotes that the task is duplicated for each of the participants.
Set the task deadline. The time planning link can be used for more sophisticated deadline specification:
- First of all, create the tags appropriate for the task. Click add and type the tags, separate multiple entries with a comma. Then, click :
The new tags will become available in the tags form:
- Now, select the required tags and click "Save".
- Whenever you need to modify the tags, click in the tags form. Then, edit the tags in the input fields or delete them by clicking х.
Having done editing the tags, click "Save Changes" to save the tags and return to the tags form.
- To change the existing task tags, click the change link.
- To rid the task of the tags, just uncheck all the checkboxes in the tags form.
To allow a responsible person to change the task timeframe, mark the Responsible person may change deadline check box.
Use the Require approval to close task checkbox if you want to check the task output before closing it. Note that the task will not be closed until you verify it.
Supervisors can create tasks for their employees in such a way that, once closed, these tasks will appear in the productivity report by checking the Include Task In Efficiency Report checkbox.
Enter the task description.
To attach the task to a workgroup, select a required group in the This task is in group (project) list.
The More link can be used to specify additional task parameters:
The Observers mini-form contains the persons who will receive notifications (PM’s) about the task progress.
To start the task again after a required time period, use the Repeat task option.
Sometimes a task must not start until another task is completed and closed. If this is the case, use the Previous Tasks link to specify the task dependencies.
The Parent Task link allows to select a task to which the current task will be related as child. In other words, if you select a parent task, the current task will become a subtask of the former.
Click to save and assign the task.
Editing a Task
To edit a task:
Creating a Subtask
Subtasks come in handy when a strict control is required over complex and sophisticated tasks. Such tasks can be split into several simple ones thereby streamlining the task workflow. What is more important, the subtasks can be assigned to different employees or departments which brings the flexibility of the underlying business process to a higher level.
Attention! The parent task acts as a grouping container; the subtasks are independent of each other.
To create a subtask:
- select a parent task in the task edit form. This will essentially make the task being edited a subtask;
- or by clicking Create Subtask in the task view form;
- or by clicking the quick subtask button right in the task list.
The subtask will show “inside” the parent task:
Viewing a Task |
| Task Use Cases